The Wyoming Democratic Party (WDP) seeks a passionate, innovative, charismatic, and dynamic professional to help lead the organization in the role of Executive Director. The individual in this role will be responsible for staff management, fiscal oversight, team development, and the implementation of strategic initiatives. Additionally, the person in this role will serve as a senior adviser to the Chair of the WDP, to whom they'll also directly report. The successful applicant will live and work in Wyoming, with a preference for the Cheyenne region. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the WDP, including staff management and support, periodic review of staff responsibilities, and restructuring of staff functions as necessary.
- In consultation with party leaders, develop and market a long-term strategic plan, programs, training, and compelling messaging.
- Work with the Chair, Treasurer, Executive Committee, and staff to develop an operating budget and fundraising plan.
- Make direct fundraising asks of major donors.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state agencies, including the IRS, FEC, and Wyoming Secretary of State's Office.
- Develop professional and productive relationships with Democratic Party leaders, elected officials, key constituencies, donors, and other partners to promote progressive principles and ideals in Wyoming.
- Act as liaison with designated organizations, including the DNC, DGA, DSCC, DCCC, Grassroots Democrats, and ASDC.
- Experience building, managing, and effectively communicating with staff and volunteers.
- A demonstrated ability to develop, execute and manage strategic plans and maintain focus on organizational goals in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Experience articulating values-based messaging to a diverse audience, including public speaking and media appearances.
- Background in developing and maintaining an organizational budget and applying professionally accepted fiscal practices and principles.
- Strong coping skills.
- Experience in ensuring compliance and reporting with governmental entities.
- Background in soliciting and securing donor dollars.
To Apply: Email your résumé, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to Chair Barbuto at email@example.com using the subject line "WDP Executive Director." Preference will be given to submissions received by December 21, 2022.
The Wyoming Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.